Sunday, April 10, 2011

WoW - Patch 4.1 Public Test Realm Notes

Warlocks
  • Dark Intent: The friendly target of this ability now receives 1% (stacking 3 times to 3%) periodic spell damage and healing bonus instead of 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%). The casting Warlock still receives 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%).
  • Rain of Fire damage has been increased by 25%.
  • Seed of Corruption damage has been increased by 20%   
Affliction
  • Haunt damage has been increased by 30%.
  • Shadow Mastery (passive) has been increased to 30%, up from 25%.
  • Unstable Affliction damage done when it is dispelled has been doubled, but this damage can no longer be critical.
Demonology       
  • Mana Feed now restores more mana (four times as much) when the warlock is using a Felguard or Felhunter.
  • Doomguard's damage has been increased by 50%. The Doomguard is intended to be the best guardian for single-target damage, and the Infernal the best when there are multiple targets.
  • Lash of Pain (Succubus) damage now scales with level, reducing the damage done at lower levels such that it will deal 50% damage at level 20, and 100% damage at level 80 and above.
  • Shadow Bite (Felhunter) damage and effect has doubled.
Glyphs 
  • Glyph of Soul Swap now increases the cooldown of Soul Swap by 15 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
Since I only play Lanfear these days, these are the only class change notes I care about  I've been neglecting my off-spec for raiding lately, but these changes might make me switch to Affliction a little more. Not that Affliction is a bad spec, but since Cata, Destro is the highest dps, though lately Destro is starting to get a little boring.

The Return of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub... seriously!? I'm getting a little tired of Blizzard recycling old content. I hated ZG so much I wanted to tear my eyes out with a dull spoon. ZA wasn't all that bad and ran it a bunch of times, but never got the mount. I'm not looking forward to running these instances again.

I'm not a huge fan of PvP anymore, but "The rate at which Honor Points are earned has been doubled." might get me doing some PvP'ing again when I'm bored.

Nothing in the patch notes that makes Cata raiding more "easier" or fun for the casual raiders except for Atramedes and Cho'gall's mind control will be more interruptable. with knockbacks..

Interesting to see how the Guild Challenges work out as well. Getting close to guild level 20!

The complete 4.1 patch notes can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment