Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Welcome to Nova's Blog!

Hello everyone, welcome to the first of many entries of my online adventures.

A little about myself. I am a 28 year-old self employed contractor who lives in Ontario, Canada. When I'm not at work, I spend most of my day playing PC games, mostly MMO's. With all this time I have, I figured I would put some of it to use and make a blog about the games I play and games I'm waiting on.

I started in the gaming industry in the mid '90's and my first "online" game was Duke Nukem 3D and Quake on an old DOS computer with a 14.4k baud modem and a cheesy dial-up ISP. Good times.

I think in early 2000 (after enough headaches and slowness of the dial-up), I upgraded to Cable internet and hosted my own Half Life: TFC server and ran my own guild for a little bit.

Consoles? Never been a fan of playing console games. I played games on an old Atari system, NES, SNES and that was it for me and never looked back since I started playing PC games. Nothing compares a great game on a computer, and I don't care what you say!

My first big leap into the mmo industry was a memorable Anarchy Online. I had some really great adventures and made some great friends, some of which I still keep in contact with. From this day,. nothing brings me back to older games as much as AO does; it's truly unique. Recently, I've thought about revisiting Rubi-Ka - stay tuned!

Currently, I am  playing World of Warcraft (since release) and a little Eve-Online (also since release) on the side. Waiting for a few sci-fi mmo's  to come out, but most of all, I am anxiously anticipating Star Wars: The Old Republic. Played a bunch of other mmo's in the past, and probably too many to list. I am so sick of the Fantasy genre and they need to STOP developing them. Please, please, please!?!

I hope you all enjoy my blogs and find them useful for fellow gamers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment