Sunday, April 17, 2011

Revisting Rubi-Ka

Actually, I've been playing Anarchy Online on my 2 Froob accounts for the past couple weeks, tearing up missions as a 130 MP and 130 Engi. Froob means, "free noob" and you get to play basic AO levels 1-200 without expansion packs minus Notum Wars. There are a decent number of Froobs running around, and the Froob experience is actually pretty good.

There is still a decent player base on the Atlantean server, with a great community. People are still using raid bots for farming Alien Playfields, Pandemonium, 12mans and more. This is a good thing, because the majority of the guilds are fairly small, some using chat bots to connect guild chats together.

After some thinking, I decided to re sub for a month and see how it goes. Logged in to find exactly where I logged out, right in front of my player shop and I had 250 million credits waiting for me, which is great, because I was broke! Next, I spent an hour moving my UI and setting up my bars and learning how to play my Bureaucrat again.

I figured the best way to relearn how to play was to run some inferno missions (who doesn't want a Crat in their team?). Easy stuff, everything came back to me pretty quickly, regarding nanos, perks, pets and general game play. Good to go, I decided to solo an alien ground city raid. Having all my endgame nanos and a lot of decent gear, it was fairly easy. Of course the alien General dropped total crap.

I needed more credits to buy better gear and since the RK1 market is so inflated, 250m wasn't going to do much. Ice Golem patterns used to sell for around 20-30m in the shops, so I figured I would farm a few of them. Next stop, Adonis catacombs, which is so easy for a Crat - yay calms. Bosses down there aren't for the feint of heart for soloing, but for Crat, it's cake. Crats can solo pretty much anything with all their Init debuffs. First boss in the catacombs dropped the Yomi page and quickly left. I had a bunch of insignias to summon Cama. I quickly ran to the Redeemed temple and Cama's placeholder was up. Killed it, and then talked to the npc to summon Cama. Took about 10 minutes to solo Cama, but it was fairly easy. Dropped the Heart I needed and ran to the Unredeemed temple. Traded in all the parts and I received the Complete Ice Golem Pattern. Portaled back to RK and sold it within the first 10 minutes for 60m! Not bad for 30 minutes of work.

I spent the majority of the weekend farming pocket boss patterns to sell symbiants, raiding using public bots and re-acquainting myself with the rest of the AO expacks.

My characters are:

level/ai/research

Crat - 220/22/59
Doctor - 215/10/12
Soldier - 214/12/10
Martial Artist - 181/7/10
Engineer - 150/4/5
and a couple other lowbies.

My Crat still needs some AI levels and research and the daily missions is a great source for free "level" for a short amount of time invested.

No comments:

Post a Comment